Cheesy Moringa Pandesal (makes 12 pcs)
340g Bread Flour
5g Instant Yeast
15g Powdered Milk
15g Moringa Powder
10g Moringa Flakes
42g Butter, softened
180g Cheese, preferably quick melt cheese
or mozzarella, cut into cubes (12 pcs)
*as needed Breadcrumbs
- Combine water, sugar and salt.
- Stir well until combined. Combine the flour, yeast, powdered milk, moringa powder and moringa flakes.
- Add in wet ingredients.
- Mix well until well combined. Knead in butter.
- Knead until dough is fully developed.
- Transfer into a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic.
- Ferment the dough for 1 hour.
- Shape into a baston. Roll in breadcrumbs.
- Cut into 12 pcs using a wooden bench scraper.
- Wrap the dough around the cheese cube, pinch dough to seal in the cheese. Then dip into breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to a well-greased sheet tray, pinched side down.
- Proof for 45 mins. To 1 hour. Apply egg wash again. Sprinkle top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 350 F for 20-25 mins or until golden.
- Transfer to cooling rack.